Another late night post. One day I will get back to scheduling them to go at 9:30am.
|Double attack zone dasher cam hole
So we finally rolled out the in-dashboard camera last night in the Pens double attack zone. We treated this as a test, since we had no idea what to expect having just had the dashers cut the day before. Frankly, if we could get one or two shots on air I would have considered it a success.
Saw FSN take this shot several times. Heard from several of you that it came out pretty nice on the Derek E. fight. Haven’t got to see it myself, but am going to look at the ISO record tomorrow. I’ll post some un-aired shots as soon as I can.
Had some issues. Condensation, ice sprays, inside of the glass was a little dirty. Went a lot better than expected though for a first run.
We cut holes for two locations for this. One in the double attack zone, and one about 6 feet off of center red. Didn’t have the holes cut for cable in that one, but I think if I have one camera to go with on opening night that’s where we’re going to put it.
- Our center 360 robotic camera finally goes in on Sunday. We wanted to have this look full time, so rather than hope that the networks cover it, we decided to add it and share it with them. This is the last significant install we have to do in the control room scope.
- We’ve used the Dalet and ContentVision combination in our control room edit suite the past two games. We’ve had some hangups, but from a proof of concept standpoint it was amazing. ContentVision grabs the NHL HiTS data in real time, hands it off to Dalet who associates it with video and applies it to the multiple camera streams we’re recording. Editor is able to bring it right up in Final Cut Pro by event/stat. Amazing, and this was maybe at the core of my entire media asset management mad-scientist run in the first place.
- If any assists were wrong in our three games, it’s my fault. I completely dropped the ball getting the off-ice officials their DVR to review. These aren’t the video replay guys – all that stuff works fine – these are the guys that enter every stat that you see from the game. Sorry, Phil! It will work for October 7th
- Some of you may have noticed the scoring go out last night for a few minutes during second intermission. Rest assured the time was still kept properly, but we lost our RSS feeds (thats how we do out of town scores, birthdays, sports news, etc) and had to reset the server quickly which caused an unexpected outage in the score display. All fixed.
- Still refining and tweaking Yinzcam in the new barn. Be patient, it should all be resolved by the 7th.
- There were 400 active iPhones in the arena last night. Just in case you were wondering.
- Seth’s wifi worked spectacular.
- FSN broadcast seemed like it went well. Would appreciate any thoughts on the lower camera angles and how it affects the speed of the game.
Back at it tomorrow.